HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Polytrade is committed to achieving high standards of health and safety at all of its facilities and operations, with the objective of conducting its activities in a way that protects the health and safety of its employees, customers and the community to prevent work related injuries and illnesses.
To do this, Polytrade will:
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace for all employees and contractors
- Take appropriate action to rectify and/or prevent any unsafe working practice.
- Comply with relevant legislation and regulations, and be responsive to community expectations
- Strive for continuous improvement in our health and safety performance by setting and reviewing achievable objectives and targets
- Maintain effective emergency response systems
- Make health and safety a part of all business decisions
- Train and motivate employees and contractors to work in a safe and responsible manner
- Provide effective health and safety management systems at all levels within the Company
- Ensure that all employees;
- Understand and adhere to this policy
- Are accountable for health and safety performance in their area
- Carry out their duties in accordance with legislation and company requirements
- Identify and report any unsafe practice
- Contribute any suggestions which can assist in providing a healthier and safer workplace.
To support this commitment, Polytrade will progressively implement and maintain safety management systems for its businesses based on the Australian standard AS4801. Through communication and training, all employees and contractors will be encouraged and assist to enhance Polytrade’s health and safety awareness and performance.