POL-03 Occupational Health & Safety / Work Health & Safety Policy
The purpose of this National policy is to provide the overarching direction, in line with the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004; Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017 and the Work Health Safety Act 2011 and Work Health Safety Regulation 2017, of Polytrade Recycling.
2.1 POLYTRADE RECYCLING officers and workers are obligated to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and ensure their acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons. We will commit to fulfill all legal requirements and other requirements related to OH&S/WHS, to operate the Business Management System in compliance with AS/NZ/ISO 45001, to eliminate hazard and to reduce OH&S/WHS risk, and to continually improve the Business Management System.
2.2 POLYTRADE RECYCLING will strive to promote and maintain a healthy and safe workplace and work environment, one that is free from hazards both physical and mental. Our Officers and workers are obligated under the relevant Acts and Regulations as stated and while at work, an Officer must exercise due diligence to ensure the business complies with that duty or obligation.
All workers must:
- take reasonable care for their own health and safety; and
- take reasonable care that their acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons;
- comply, so far as the worker is reasonably able, with any reasonable instruction that is given by the business to allow the person to comply with this Act; and
- co‑operate with any reasonable policy or procedure of the person conducting the business or undertaking relating to health or safety at the workplace that has been notified to workers.
This will be achieved by:
- providing and maintaining a healthy and safe work environment through the implementation of safe work practices, safe systems of work and the provision of safe plant and equipment;
- ensuring that workplaces under the control of POLYTRADE RECYCLING are safe, without risk to health, and have safe means of access and egress;
- routinely consulting to maintain effective and co-operative relationships between POLYTRADE RECYCLING and its workers, and with other duty holders, on health and safety matters in the workplace; and
- reviewing through appropriate mechanisms, the effectiveness of the health and safety measures taken.
2.3 POLYTRADE RECYCLING ’s commitment to providing safe and healthy working environments for its workers includes:
- providing relevant, up to date OHS/WHS information to all workers on matters and their responsibilities;
- providing expert assistance in OHS/WHS matters where necessary;
- providing instruction and/or training in work policies, procedures and processes where appropriate;
- developing and implementing strategies which include workplace inspections, hazard identification, and appropriate remedial action to eliminate or control hazards; and
- implementing and maintaining appropriate information, reporting and statistical systems.
Chief Executive Officer