Polytrade Pty Ltd (Polytrade Recycling, us, our) regards privacy as an important part of our relationship with our customers, suppliers and other individuals who visit our website or communicate with us.
Changes to this policy
Personal information Polytrade Recycling collects
Polytrade Recycling collects personal information that you provide directly to us, including via our website and through any other means of communicating with us (e.g. telephone call or email). This may include your name and contact details, for example, where you make an enquiry or do business with us, or information about your opinions where you provide us with feedback or suggestions. Polytrade Recycling also collects personal information where you voluntarily submit a CV or resume to us, either unsolicited or in response to an advertised position.
Polytrade Recycling may also collect personal information about you from third parties where you have consented to this or the information is publicly available.
You are under no obligation to provide personal information to Polytrade Recycling, however if you choose not to provide such information, Polytrade Recycling may not be able to respond to your request or provide you with certain services.
How Polytrade Recycling uses your personal information
Polytrade Recycling uses and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity
- to provide products and services to you
- to receive products and services from you
- to provide you with updates on our products and services that may be relevant to you, and to market our products and services to you, including contacting you electronically for this purpose
- to develop and improve our website, products and services
- to bill you or the organisation you represent and to collect money that you or they owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or applicable privacy laws, including the Act and (where applicable to our business with you) State and Territory based privacy legislation.
Polytrade Recycling may also rely on exemptions under applicable privacy laws to use and disclose your personal information in appropriate circumstances, such as the employee records exemption in the Act.
Unsubscribing from marketing communications
Disclosing your personal information
Polytrade Recycling may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, contractors, and other companies within our corporate group
- any third parties that support our website, products or services, including our IT service providers
- our consultants and advisors to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority) in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or in response to a non-mandatory request for information
- any other person authorised by law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
Protecting your personal information
Polytrade Recycling will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information Polytrade Recycling holds from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised activity.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act (or, where applicable to our business with you, State and Territory privacy legislation), you have the right to access your personal information that Polytrade Recycling holds in a manner that is reasonable and practicable and to request a correction to your personal information.
Before you exercise this right, Polytrade Recycling will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates or a person who is authorised to make a request on their behalf. In respect of a request for correction, if Polytrade Recycling is satisfied that the information is incorrect and Polytrade Recycling is reasonably able to change the personal information, Polytrade Recycling will make the correction. If Polytrade Recycling does not make the correction, Polytrade Recycling will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you believe the personal information is incorrect and requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, you can contact Polytrade Recycling by email at the address listed here. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting). Polytrade Recycling will respond to your request within a reasonable period. Polytrade Recycling may charge you our reasonable costs of providing you with copies of your personal information.
Internet use and external links
While Polytrade Recycling takes reasonable steps to maintain the security of our website, providing information over the internet is not without risk.
You may disable cookies or instruct your browser to stop accepting them by changing the settings on your browser, although this may mean that you cannot use all of the features of our website.
Last update: 18/10/2021